The benefits of ComfortStall flooring
Improved respiratory and joint health, and a typical saving in bedding costs of 75%
- Improves joint health. Improved movement, flexibility and hoof quality through enhanced support to joints, tendons and ligaments from the therapeutic properties of ComfortStall’s level surface that “springs” back with every step.
- Improves respiratory health. Stable air quality is greatly improved because the sealed impermeable one-piece Ironclad™ Top Cover design prevents the build-up of urea, bacteria and the resulting harmful ammonia.
- Eliminates hock sores caused by flooring. Thanks to the non-slip, non-abrasive surface horses can get up without scuffling. The horse's hooves sink into the padded floor to give grip when rising.
- Improves quality of rest. Horses sleeping on ComfortStall flooring have been seen sleeping for hours at a time, getting the all-important REM sleep.
- Relieves horses suffering from sore feet and symptoms of laminitis. The padded flooring provides a comfortable and supportive cushioning, encouraging the horse to lie down.
- Reduces the need for stable bandaging. The ‘spring’ in the cushioned flooring massages the horse’s frogs, which stimulates blood circulation.
- Provides recumbent whole-body support. The padded flooring system provides the needed ‘give’ under the hip, shoulder and pastern bones when the horse lies down and rises.
- Provides thermal insulation. ComfortStall insulates from the cold and damp of concrete and packed-earth floors.
- Requires less bedding. ComfortStall significantly reduces the need to use straw, paper, cardboard, wood pellets, or other bedding for protection – bedding is needed only to absorb body waste.
- Increases return on Investment. Less bedding*, reduced cleaning time and no flooring maintenance; all adding up to a significant reduction in costs, and a return on investment typically of less than one year.
Respiratory health begins with eliminating urine escape routes. Traditional stable mats have seams and gaps which allow urine to seep through and disappear into the floor of the stable. This urine decomposes to form urea, which gives off ammonia.
“The inhalation of high concentrations of ammonia in air causes immediate burning of the nose, throat and respiratory tract. This can cause bronchiolar and alveolar edema, and airway destruction resulting in respiratory distress or failure.” (New York State Department of Health)
By installing ComfortStall, which is completely impermeable, it is possible to eliminate this major source of equine, and human, ill-health.
“We have found the floor to be very hard wearing with good grip even when wet...not had any more poor recoveries with this system versus the old floor”
Simon Hennessy MVB MSc CertAVP(ESO)(ESST) MRCVS DipECVS Lisadell Equine HospitalFollistown, Ireland
"Having a sealed rubber matting system in the hospital is imperative for disinfection between horses....Comfortstall provides superior cushioning and has resulted in less bedding being required.."
Dr Kate Allen BVSc Cert EM(IntMed) DipACVSMR PhD MRCVSEquine Sports Medicine CentreBristol Veterinary School, University of Bristol
“We are delighted with the ComfortStall flooring. The sealed cushioned rubber floor is both comfortable and hygienic....entirely sealed so nothing can seep underneath the matts to cause bacteria and ammonia.”
Deirdre O’Reilly Show Jumping, Ireland
"To sterilize a stall with rubber mats, I used to haul the mats out, hose them down, and leave them out to dry – a half day job! The ComfortStall system is seamless and only takes half an hour to sterilize, and I don’t have the dried urine and manure buildup that occurs under mats. "
Chari Perce, Aspen Equine Clinic - Windsor, CA
Call us today on 03 5248 2274, or download the brochure by clicking on the image on the left.